Wednesday, April 25, 2007

next step??

Now that the exhibition is over, the team is all pepped up for the next step…I do plan to continue the crafts and am working on marketing the stuff that we make. I am talking to a couple of stores where we can keep our stuff for selling and also, plan to do regular exhibitions till we come up with some solution that would ensure regular flow of income for these boys.

Apart from the work, I am also trying to convince the elder boys to start sending their younger sibling to school or to bring them to us. This will take some time because the younger siblings do the majority of the earning (begging) and if they go to school or come to “chhotti si asha”, they will not make as much money. I am making these boys aware of the exploitative cycle that these people have created for themselves where they were exploited by their elders and now they in turn are exploiting their younger siblings and how they can break that cycle for their younger ones. For me to be able to convince them, a regular income is a must and that is the challenge that is on top of my mind these days.

So any suggestions from anybody are welcome!!


*** since I have children from varied age group coming to me, it is becoming increasingly difficult to manage all of them in the same way. So I have to expand a little and hire atleast 1 to 2 people and also rent out a garage or a room for this activity. Anyone who would like to contribute financially for this effort, do write back at gagchaw@yahoo.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home