Saturday, February 05, 2005

self healing...

Most of the time, we all are aware of our short comings and the negative shades of our characters (whether we confront it or not is another thing). These days I am trying to confront my short comings and my negative side. I once read in a book that to change something in yourself, you need to have compassion for yourself...you have to love yourself unconditionally ( i.e. even if you have been bad) because by being harsh on yourself, you waste your energy on lamenting and grieving. It really resonated with me and so I am practicing to be kind on myself and instead of lamenting on what I did not do, I am trying to see how I should do it differently the next time. But there are some habits/negative behavior that is very difficult to give up and so they keep coming back. The challenge then is to still have compassion for yourself and to keep trying with a conscience mind.Today while meditating I was thinking that may be if I concentrate on my negative behavior and focus on it then I might be able to heal it. I will definitely try this out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home